NATURE

by - April 17, 2019



My gratitude to our unspoken friends for love and kindness they usher on us.
                   

PINE CONES

Pine cones 
bobbles on the tree
becomes a keepsake 
after they fall.
--------

LEAVES 

Greens on the branch 
stand tall. 
A message 
to be kind.
Absorbing all
existing flaws
before they fall.
--------

ROOTS



Deep in the earth I lie
In the dark, darker than the darkness, Mortal being seek high sky
against all odds,
Deep in the earth I lie....
Above me is sunshine bright,
friendly lives rarely I envy. For sake of the tree high, that bows on me to survive.
Deep, deep in the earth I lie....

Trunks on which branches brace, Birds nestle, green leaves sway. Bestow shadow on the passerby. In various hues, flowers smile. Essence of life astir. Deep in the earth I lie.... I grieve my lines, hard to decline, I strive strong to spread happiness.
I bind with the earth, in the cosmos I thrive. Deep in the earth I lie..... I embrace blackness
deep moist earth to survive.
Crawling worms, animalcules,
stink abide, all rot, dead lie.
for the greener universe Deep, deep in the earth I lie.....

For another poem on nature visit
https://flavours-of-life-blog.blogspot.com/2019/03/woods.html



You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great observation it is really a heart touching poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful expression. Someday, the poem on roots will be taught in the school textbook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again a great poem

    ReplyDelete