WHO AM I ?

by - January 01, 2019





A housewife's expedition to discover herself.
                  

One marvelous day,
I was strolling in the park,
old and new friendly faces
smiling so far.
Few asked, Who am I ?
in which profession I abide? 
To calm them I clarified,
a soldier at home,
a homemaker.
Oh My God!
A housewife.

From then,
I am in a shock.
My thoughts went azar
in search to find 
Who am I?
 A daughter? A wife ? A mother ?
Who? Who? ........Who?
My name is in disguise.
People have pushed me
and my conscious
in the grave,
before I die.

My awareness arises,
I see my identity churn,
in the kitchen pulsar day and night.
I make everyday extraordinary 
for spouse and kids
24 hours of chores 
has gone par.

A home decorated like a professional,
with uncertain looks of own,
attending all calls on the door,
serving food like a chef
of a 5 star hotel at home,
with a question forth....
.....Who am I?

A motivator, a unpaid consultant,
nurturing kids,
living amongst chores,
all appreciations blown away,
by the strongest storm
on the shore.
Prohibiting all desires,
ambitions I hold .
No one cares what I endured.
No one asks how many 
bullets in my  
heart I thrive.

I am a Divine creation---
 A Woman
with unconditional love 
on which,
the universe survives.


You May Also Like

17 comments

  1. Beautiful Blog Mum! Congratulations for your new start! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. She wakes up on a time when everyone is asleep, Prepping up for a tiffin which kids try to get a sneak peak; Who is she, who's an early bird they ask? Mothers, Mothers are the ones who take up this task. Nice work Aunty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so well written and well thought. Amazing! �� One of the best things i came across this new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I appreciate your comment.
      All the best for your DIP!

      Delete
  4. Well elaborated your thoughts..I am spellbound with your creativity.. hats off for my lovely sis...love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great. Well thought off

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Who am I?" is well argued.It is a curtain-raiser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you think it is.
      More posts on the way.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  7. Wow this is great, i would love to read more of your blogs. Nice job

    ReplyDelete